- Contact Us
for Help Today
“Mr. Fred Poisson is a wonderful attorney, person and genuinely caring individual. His staff is caring and show support for all his clients. Very blessed to have him.”
─ Hollie McClure, Wadesboro, NC
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) sustained in an accident can have devastating effects on a person’s cognitive, emotional, and behavioral abilities. These consequences can, in turn, financially strain the injured person and their family. That’s because TBIs often make it challenging to earn a living and require extensive medical treatment, ongoing therapy, and lifelong in-home care. No one should pay the price for someone else’s actions.
If you suffered a TBI in Wadesboro, NC, because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or wrongful actions, you might be entitled to significant compensation. The brain injury lawyers at Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, want to advocate for your rights and help you pursue the financial relief you deserve. We have been helping injured people in Wadesboro and across North Carolina for over 40 years, seeking the financial resources they need to live their fullest, most rewarding lives possible. Let us use our experience, skills, and resources for you.
Contact our office today to speak to a Wadesboro brain injury lawyer during a free case review.
Why You Need Our Wadesboro TBI Attorneys
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, you might be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses resulting from the injury. However, insurance companies often try to undervalue or deny claims that would result in large payouts. That’s especially true for claims for TBIs, which often require expensive medical treatment. You need an experienced, effective attorney prepared to take on the insurance companies and demand the maximum compensation you deserve.
For over four decades, the attorneys at Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, have advocated for accident victims in Wadesboro and throughout North Carolina. We have the skills and resources to take on the most challenging cases and know how to negotiate aggressively with insurers to seek the best outcomes for our clients. Our attorneys will ensure you have the medical treatment you need to heal from your injuries and rebuild your life. Let us handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Wadesboro
Traumatic brain injuries often vary in severity depending on their cause and the part of the brain affected. Some examples of the types of TBIs people suffer in Wadesboro include the following:
- Concussions – A concussion occurs when a sharp blow or jolt to the head causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull, which can lead to bruising. Concussions may also result from sudden, violent shaking. A person who suffers a concussion may lose consciousness. While many concussions are mild, some are severe enough to cause long-lasting or permanent brain damage.
- Contusions – A brain contusion refers to bruising or bleeding that results from a direct blow to the head. The most severe contusions require surgical intervention.
- Coup-contrecoup – This type of injury occurs when a blow to the head causes the brain to collide with one side of the skull and then, due to the force of impact, hit the opposite side of the skull.
- Diffuse axonal – In this type of TBI, rotational forces cause tears in the brain structures. The tearing can cause chemicals and fluids to release within the brain, leading to serious brain damage or even death.
- Penetration – A penetrating brain injury occurs when a foreign object breaches the skull and pushes into the brain.>
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can occur in various accidents. Our attorneys are prepared to assist clients with TBIs from causes such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
Symptoms of Brain Injuries
Many people who suffer traumatic brain injuries do not immediately realize they are injured because they do not present symptoms initially or are unfamiliar with the signs of TBIs. The potential complications of a TBI make it crucial to recognize the injury’s most common symptoms. Any time you are involved in an accident in which you have hit your head or experienced whiplash, you should be on the lookout for the following:
- Losing consciousness, losing track of time, or blacking out
- A persistent headache that does not go away with medication or gets worse over time
- Nausea and vomiting that do not relate to illness or food poisoning
- Seizures or convulsions
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as insomnia or difficulty waking up
- Sudden mood swings
- Speech impediments
- Unexplained memory issues
- Uncontrolled dilation of the pupils
- Fluids draining from the nose or ears
If you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. Early medical intervention can prevent or mitigate a TBI’s most severe and long-lasting consequences.
Lasting Effects of Brain Injuries
The brain is a sensitive organ susceptible to injury. Its importance to every critical bodily function means any such injury can have wide-ranging and long-lasting effects, requiring ongoing in-home care, extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and therapy. Many people who suffer from TBIs cannot take care of themselves and are prone to psychological and mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation.
What Compensation Can I Recover for a TBI in Wadesboro?
If you suffered a traumatic brain injury, you could be entitled to compensation for your losses.
You might be compensated for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages due to missed time at work
- Loss of earning potential
- Ongoing care and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact Our Wadesboro TBI Attorneys Today
A traumatic brain injury can change a person’s life forever, leaving them with chronic pain, extensive medical bills, and a diminished quality of life. The Wadesboro TBI lawyers at Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, understand how these consequences can impact a person’s well-being and livelihood. Our team is ready to help you pursue the compensation and accountability you deserve for a TBI that was not your fault.
Contact our Wadesboro TBI attorneys today for a free consultation.