- Contact Us
for Help Today
“Working with Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC has truly been life-changing for me. I was in way over my head after I was in a serious car accident when 34 weeks pregnant. This was a Workers’ Compensation case, and I can honestly say I felt so incredibly well taken care of by these caring and incredibly smart, genuinely wonderful attorneys. As a new mom, I knew Stewart Poisson was working on my behalf so I could focus on motherhood. I am more than satisfied and couldn’t recommend this firm enough.”
─ Satisfied Client
“I was referred by my cousin who was a local chiropractor. I’ve had a great experience with this being my first time ever getting a lawyer. I have recommended Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC because of the great service and every question I have they answer to the best of their ability. They are prompt to return calls, on point with any problems I need solving and always in a timely manner. Dianna is very understanding with my circumstances even when I’m harsh. She puts herself in my situation and tries to understand what I feel like and does her best to do what she can. She calls to check in. She is always fast about getting back to me.”
─ D.S., Maxton, N.C.
“I got injured on the job and at the time my son worked at the hospital. He recommended Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC to me. I went into the office and talked with Fred and he made me feel good about my situation. He turned me over to Stewart, and she did a fantastic job. I did not make it easy on her. I made some changes in my work history during the case that did not help her at all. Stewart worked very hard for me, and I received more than I thought I would get. I would recommend this firm to everyone, not just for workers comp., but for any legal needs.”
─ C.S., Rockingham, NC
A car accident can leave you with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burdens that are too much to bear. If someone else was to blame for your crash, you shouldn’t have to take on these burdens alone. A skilled Wadesboro car accident lawyer from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC can help you demand the full and fair compensation you need to get your life back on track.
At Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, our family-run law firm has more than 40 years of experience successfully representing car accident victims in Wadesboro and throughout North Carolina. We stand up to the big insurance companies and take the pressure off of you.
Our Wadesboro car accident attorneys can discuss your case and answer your questions during a free consultation. There are no upfront fees for us to start work on your case. You only pay us if we win money for you.
How a Wadesboro Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
If you have been hurt in a car accident in Wadesboro, you may be unsure of what to do next. The aftermath of a car accident can be a scary time for victims. Seeking medical treatment for your injuries, dealing with mounting bills while you are unable to work, and worrying about how you will repair or replace your damaged car can make the entire situation even more overwhelming. On top of all of that, the other party’s insurance company may be calling you and pressuring you to give a statement, sign paperwork, or accept a quick settlement check.
Don’t let this stressful situation get the best of you. An experienced Wadesboro car accident lawyer from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC can help take the burden off your shoulders and serve as your advocate every step of the way.
Our experienced attorneys will:
- Discuss the details of your case for free, answer your questions, and explain all your legal options
- Conduct an independent investigation into the accident to secure evidence that will be vital to your claim
- Estimate the full value of your claim, including current and future expenses
- Work with experts, including accident reconstruction professionals and medical specialists, to build a strong case on your behalf
- Manage all paperwork and communication with the at-fault party and the insurance companies
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Pursue a lawsuit in court (if a full settlement cannot be reached)
The insurance company does not have your best interests in mind. Insurance adjusters will be looking to save money – not compensate you fairly. People who settle their car accident injury claims without a lawyer often find their recovery is significantly less than those who have a skilled advocate by their side.
You can’t afford to leave money on the table. Talk to a Wadesboro car accident lawyer from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC about how we can help.
Compensation in a Car Accident Case
You should not have to pay for damages from a wreck you didn’t cause. The law allows you to seek compensation from the at-fault party after a car crash. While the types and amounts of compensation you are entitled to will depend on your specific situation, you could be eligible for:
- Past, current, and future costs of medical treatment
- Incidental expenses you incur, such as transportation costs and expenses from home accessibility modifications
- Lost wages from missed time from work while you recover from your injuries
- Losses in your future earning potential, if you suffer temporary or permanent disability as a result of the accident
- The pain, suffering, and loss in quality of life you experience as a result of the accident and your injuries
- Punitive damages, which are awarded in rare cases involving extremely negligent or intentionally malicious drivers
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit
If you plan to take legal action against an at-fault party in a car accident lawsuit, you should be aware of the statute of limitations that will apply in your case. When it comes to car accident lawsuits, injured victims in North Carolina have three years to take legal action in civil court. The clock starts ticking on this three-year deadline the moment your accident and injury occurs. If you wait to file your lawsuit until after the three-year time limit has passed, the court will likely dismiss your case.
You won’t have much luck pursuing money in an insurance claim after the statute of limitations expires either, since you won’t have the ability to threaten insurance adjusters with a lawsuit during negotiations.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Wadesboro
If you have been hurt in a car accident in the Wadesboro area, the actions you take in the days, weeks, and months that follow can have a significant impact on your ability to recover compensation. You can protect your legal rights by:
- Seeking immediate medical attention to have your injuries treated and to create a medical record
- Following your doctor’s treatment recommendations to give yourself the best chance at recovery and show you are taking your health seriously
- Writing down every detail you can recall about how the accident occurred while it’s fresh in your memory
- Taking photographs of any visible injuries or damage, as well as the accident scene itself
- Getting the contact information of any eyewitnesses to the crash
- Documenting your pain and physical limitations in a journal, which can provide evidence of the impact of your injuries on your life
- Avoiding posting about the accident on social media while your claim is pending
- Declining to give a recorded or written statement to insurance adjusters
- Talking to a trusted car accident lawyer in Wadesboro as soon as possible
Talk to a Wadesboro Car Accident Lawyer Now
Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC has earned a reputation for providing top-notch legal representation to people who have been hurt in car accidents in Wadesboro and the surrounding areas. With more than four decades of experience and a family legacy of serving this community, our attorneys have what it takes to help you get your life back on track.
For a free consultation, call us or reach out to us online.