- Contact Us
for Help Today
“I was referred by my cousin who was a local chiropractor. I’ve had a great experience with this being my first time ever getting a lawyer. I have recommended Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC because of the great service and every question I have they answer to the best of their ability. They are prompt to return calls, on point with any problems I need solving and always in a timely manner. Dianna is very understanding with my circumstances even when I’m harsh. She puts herself in my situation and tries to understand what I feel like and does her best to do what she can. She calls to check in. She is always fast about getting back to me.”
─ D.S., Maxton, N.C.
“I got injured on the job and at the time my son worked at the hospital. He recommended Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC to me. I went into the office and talked with Fred and he made me feel good about my situation. He turned me over to Stewart, and she did a fantastic job. I did not make it easy on her. I made some changes in my work history during the case that did not help her at all. Stewart worked very hard for me, and I received more than I thought I would get. I would recommend this firm to everyone, not just for workers comp., but for any legal needs.”
─ C.S., Rockingham, NC
“A friend told me to call Fred Poisson, Jr. and that he would tell me my options about my case and do what’s best for me. My experience was very pleasant, he and his staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable every time I was there. I would tell friends and family to call and talk to Mr. Poisson and form their own opinions, and I’m sure they would see what I saw and would choose Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC. What’s not to like about Mr. Poisson, he was a friend and someone you liked whenever you first met him.”
─ C.K., Chesterfield, S.C.
Because semi-trucks and big rigs are so much larger and heavier than any other vehicles on the road, they present a significant hazard to occupants of smaller vehicles. Accidents involving commercial trucks can leave victims with life-threatening injuries, overwhelming medical bills, and long-term losses. Victims also face the added stress of going up against deep-pocketed trucking companies, a web of insurance providers, and many other potentially liable parties.
If you have been hurt in a crash, you need a knowledgeable Wadesboro truck accident lawyer on your side. At Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, our attorneys have more than 40 years of experience successfully handling complex truck accident claims. We work quickly to investigate these wrecks, identify all possible sources of compensation, and demand the maximum payment you deserve.
Our trusted advocates will do everything we can to hold negligent truck drivers and their employers accountable. Contact us today for a free case review to learn more about how we can help you move forward with your life after a serious truck accident.
What Makes Truck Accidents So Complicated?
Several factors tend to make big rig accidents especially complicated, including:
- More significant damage and injuries – Because of the substantial size and weight difference between trucks and most passenger vehicles, truck accidents tend to cause more catastrophic injuries and serious property damage.
- More potentially liable parties – In addition to negligent truck drivers, there are several other parties that could be held responsible for a truck accident. This includes the driver’s employer, whoever loaded the vehicle, the company responsible for maintenance and repairs, and the truck’s manufacturer. Any of these other parties may be financially liable for damage caused by a truck crash.
- More expensive and complex insurance claims – Trucks and truck drivers are often covered by high-dollar insurance policies. In addition, other potentially liable parties may have insurance policies of their own. This creates a complex web of insurance, with adjusters doing everything they can to shift blame, minimize your claim, and protect their bottom line.
- More complicated traffic laws – There are a variety of state and federal laws that are unique to the trucking industry. A knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Wadesboro can help you understand how these laws could apply to your situation.
Who Can Be Held Responsible After a Truck Crash in Wadesboro?
Many truck drivers work for companies that own fleets of vehicles, which they use to haul cargo on behalf of countless other entities. Any of the parties involved in the operation of one of these commercial trucks could be held responsible for a crash, including:
- Truck drivers if they are impaired, distracted, reckless, or otherwise negligent behind the wheel
- Trucking companies if they fail to properly maintain the vehicles they own or fail to properly screen or train the truck drivers they hire
- Truck mechanics if they are negligent in their responsibilities to inspect, maintain, and repair trucks as necessary
- Truck manufacturers if any defective components are contributing factors in a collision
- Cargo loading teams if improperly loaded freight contributes to instability that leads to a truck accident
Compensation in a Truck Accident Claim
The best way to determine how much compensation you could recover after a wreck is to consult with a seasoned Wadesboro truck accident lawyer. An attorney from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC can review the following factors to determine the full value of your claim:
- Any medical expenses you incurred through the treatment of your injuries
- Potential future medical costs if you require long-term care
- Any wages you lose due to time away from work
- The estimated value of any losses in your future earning capacity
- Your pain, suffering, and psychological distress
- Any losses you experience in your overall quality of life
- Punitive damages (in rare cases involving extreme negligence)
Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit
If you plan to file a truck accident lawsuit in Wadesboro or anywhere else in North Carolina, state law says you have a three-year window to do so. This three-year period begins on the date of your injury.
Three years may sound like plenty of time to file a lawsuit, but the complex nature of a truck accident claim means everything can take much longer than you might expect. No matter how straightforward you think your case may be, it’s always a good idea to act quickly to protect your rights.
If you do not file your lawsuit before the three-year deadline expires, you will essentially lose your right to demand compensation in court. A dedicated Wadesboro truck accident attorney can help you manage important dates and documents to ensure your ability to recover compensation is not compromised by preventable mistakes.
Our Wadesboro Truck Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Help You
At Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, our truck accident attorneys in Wadesboro have earned a reputation for helping people like you pursue the compensation you need for medical bills, lost income, and more. We can take immediate action in your case to ensure your rights are protected from the beginning.
Our seasoned legal team knows the tactics trucking companies and their insurance providers will use to deny responsibility and limit the amount of money you can recover. We can craft a solid strategy to fight back on your behalf.
We offer free, confidential consultations to answer your most important questions. So you have nothing to lose when you reach out for more information. Contact us today to discuss the details of your case.