Were you pulled over and issued a ticket for a traffic violation in North Carolina? You may think your only option is to pay the fine and accept the consequences that come with it. But an experienced North Carolina traffic ticket lawyer from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC could help minimize the impact that a ticket has on your life, including increased auto insurance premiums and potential loss of your driving privileges.
With a skilled attorney on your side, you can fight the headache of a traffic ticket. Before you pay the fine after a ticket in Anson and Richmond Counties, contact us for a free case evaluation. Don’t wait to get the help you need.
How a North Carolina Traffic Ticket Lawyer Can Help You
Pleading guilty to a traffic violation in North Carolina can result in fines, increased insurance premiums, and points on your license. If you are assigned seven points, you could be required to attend a driver improvement clinic. If you accumulate 12 points within a three-year period, the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may suspend your license for 60 days, six months, or even a year (for repeated violations and suspensions).
However, an experienced traffic ticket lawyer at Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC can help you fight back by:
- Explaining your legal rights and options – Our lawyers can help you avoid doing or saying anything that could harm your case. We can also explain the difference between various types of pleas and the repercussions you could face.
- Identifying useful evidence – Our skilled attorneys will work quickly to gather traffic camera footage, police reports, and other evidence to support your case.
- Challenging any improper evidence – Our attorneys have the experience to recognize improper or circumstantial evidence and can take the necessary steps to challenge or suppress it.
- Handling legal procedures – Our traffic ticket lawyers know the types of documents that need to be filed to fight a traffic ticket as well as the legal deadlines and other requirements. Filing incorrect or late paperwork could cost you.
- Consulting expert witnesses – Our lawyers have networks of trusted experts we can turn to for help with certain types of traffic violation cases.
- Representing you in traffic court – Our experienced attorneys can appear in traffic court on your behalf, saving you time and letting the court know you are serious about asserting your innocence. The representation of a traffic ticket attorney is especially helpful if you are not a resident of the area or live in another state.
- Working for a reasonable fee – If you feel uncertain about hiring a traffic ticket attorney because of the cost, you should know that in most cases, we can save you more in fines and other long-term costs than we charge in fees.