- Contact Us
for Help Today
Suffering injuries in an accident can disrupt your life. In addition to the physical pain and the psychological trauma, you may also face a growing pile of medical bills and an inability to earn money because you have to stay off work. However, while some injuries heal relatively quickly, others can have much longer-lasting consequences.
When an injury is so severe that it creates a long-term or permanent disruption to your life, it can be described as “catastrophic.” If you have suffered a catastrophic personal injury in Wadesboro, you may be at a loss about how you will manage this overwhelming set of changes in your life.
If your catastrophic injuries resulted from someone else’s wrongdoing, you may be eligible to claim significant compensation for the losses you have suffered. Working with a Wadesboro catastrophic injury attorney from the law firm of Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, can maximize your chances of recovering full and fair compensation in your case. With over 40 years of experience successfully fighting for the rights of injured people in North Carolina, we are ready to get to work seeking the stable future you deserve.
Call us today or contact us online to talk with one of our Wadesboro personal injury lawyers to learn more about how we can help you. We offer free consultations about the legal services our personal injury attorneys provide clients in the Wadesboro, NC, area.
Differences Between Catastrophic Injury Cases and Other Personal Injury Cases
While all personal injury cases have significant challenges, cases involving catastrophic injuries differ in three critical ways.
- Individuals who suffer catastrophic injuries often take far longer to reach a point where additional treatment will no longer improve their condition. Because that is true, you may find it difficult to determine the cost of your medical bills as your treatment is still ongoing. Often, a settlement can’t be reached until treatment of the injuries is complete. The additional time required either to heal or to determine your future financial losses can mean catastrophic injury cases take longer to settle.
- The specialized treatment, medical devices, and long-term assistance you require can quickly add up to a substantial amount of money. Because insurance companies are keen to avoid large payouts, working with an effective attorney is essential to optimize your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve for all your medical expenses. You can count on the insurance companies to put up a strong fight with so much money on the line. You need an attorney who can beat them at their own game.
- Catastrophic injuries touch every aspect of your life. Your injury may leave you with a disability that prevents you from returning to your previous job. You may also be unable to enjoy hobbies or quality time with your family in the way you did before your injuries occurred. You might require assistance in the home and special adaptations for your vehicle. Furthermore, many people struggle with anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder after sustaining a catastrophic injury.
Common Types and Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Wadesboro, NC
Serious injuries can result from virtually any type of incident, including car accidents, workplace accidents, defective products, and dangerous conditions on properties, among others. Some examples of catastrophic injuries in Wadesboro, North Carolina, include:
- Spinal cord injuries caused by vehicle accidents, falls, acts of violence, sports injuries, etc., can lead to paralysis and loss of function.
- Traumatic brain injuries caused by blows to the head, lack of oxygen to the brain, penetrating wounds, etc., can lead to cognitive deficits, personality changes, and loss of ability to regulate emotions.
- Amputation caused by workplace accidents with machinery, car crashes, and various other events. The loss of limbs can have a profound impact on an individual’s capacity to work and enjoy hobbies. Furthermore, it can adversely affect a person’s body image.
- Severe burns caused by fires, scalding, chemical exposure, electrocution, etc. Burns can lead to disfigurement and loss of sensation and function in the skin. Moreover, infections occurring while the burn wounds are healing can quickly lead to sepsis.
- Internal organ damage caused by blunt force trauma in crashes, sports injuries, assaults, etc., can become fatal without prompt treatment.
Potential Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
All cases are different, and the compensation you receive will be contingent on several factors. In general, if another party is liable for your catastrophic injuries, potential compensation can include:
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitation, assistive devices, and in-home care
- Lost past and future income, benefits, and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical impairment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium for your spouse
Our experienced personal injury lawyers are prepared to assess your losses, negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement, and take the case to trial if needed.
Seeking Legal Help for Catastrophic Injuries in Wadesboro, NC
Having skilled legal representation when pursuing compensation for catastrophic injuries is critical. Our attorneys can:
- Conduct a thorough investigation to establish liability
- Work with doctors, vocational experts, and financial analysts to calculate losses
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies
- Take depositions
- Build a compelling case to pursue the best possible outcome
- Advocate for you in court if the insurer is unwilling to make a fair settlement offer
Having an attorney levels the playing field against defendants and their insurance companies. Don’t go it alone after a catastrophic injury. The right lawyer can make all the difference in getting compensation to meet your needs.
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Wadesboro, NC
North Carolina law allows injured individuals three years after suffering a catastrophic injury to file a lawsuit. Investigating these complex accidents and calculating losses can take time, so it is vital to retain the services of our Wadesboro catastrophic injury attorneys as soon as possible. When you hire our knowledgeable lawyers, we can ensure that you initiate any necessary legal action in a timely manner.
Get Help from Our NC Personal Injury Lawyers in Wadesboro, NC
The experienced legal team at the law firm of Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, understands how overwhelming life can become after a catastrophic injury. Our compassionate lawyers believe wholeheartedly that anyone responsible for causing this type of harm should be held accountable for their actions.
When you work with us, we will do everything in our power to seek the compensation you need to get the immediate and long-term help you deserve. Our goal is to pursue the best possible results for our clients.
Contact Contact us today for a free consultation with our attorneys in Wadesboro.