Have you been injured in a car accident in Wadesboro? If so, you might be wondering if you’re entitled to compensation from the at-fault party – and how you’ll be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, and more.
It is understandable to expect full compensation, but how do you maximize the value of your case? A Wadesboro car accident lawyer from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC is ready to evaluate your case and help you understand your rights and legal options. Read more about how you can protect your injury claim after an accident, and contact us if you’ve been hurt.
Steps to Take after a Car Accident to Maximize Compensation
After you have been involved in a car accident, you can take action to protect your rights and put yourself in the best position to pursue maximum compensation in a legal claim. These steps include:
- Get the contact and insurance information from every driver involved in the crash.
- Use your cell phone to take photos or videos of details of the accident scene and damage to the vehicles in the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible after the crash to get examined for any injuries you may have suffered.
- Make sure to follow all treatment instructions and recommendations from your doctor.
- Document your medical bills, lost income, and other expenses and costs from the accident.
- Take daily notes about the pain and negative impacts that your injuries have on your life.
- Speak to a car accident lawyer about your legal rights and options and the next steps you can take in your case.
How Much to Expect from a Car Accident Settlement
A fair car accident settlement should compensate you for all the expenses and personal losses you incur due to the crash and any injuries or property damage you have suffered. Financial compensation from a car accident claim may cover:
- Costs of medical treatment and physical rehabilitation of injuries
- Long-term care, such as home health care services
- Lost wages/income from missed work, and loss of future earning potential when disabilities from your injuries impact your ability to go back to work after the accident
- Reduced enjoyment or quality of life due to scarring/disfigurement that causes personal embarrassment or humiliation, and physical disabilities that interfere with daily living
- Physical pain and emotional trauma and distress
- Repair costs for your damaged car or the cash value of your car if it was totaled in the accident.
What Factors Impact the Amount of a Settlement?
Several factors can affect the total amount of the settlement that you receive for your car accident claim, including:
- The severity of the injuries you suffered
- Whether you missed time from your job or have been disabled from being able to work
- The strength of your legal claim and whether the other driver contests liability for the accident and your injuries
- The amount of liability insurance coverage the at-fault driver has, and whether you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
How to Estimate an Injury Settlement
To estimate what a fair injury settlement might look like in your case, you should add up all your financial expenses and losses from the accident, including vehicle repair bills, medical bills, and expenses, and lost past and future income. If you have suffered severe or debilitating injuries, you will also want to factor in compensation for lost quality of life and pain and suffering.
Contact Our Experienced Wadesboro Car Accident Lawyer Today for Help
If you were injured in a car crash in Wadesboro, contact Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll be ready to discuss your situation and how we could work together to seek the fair compensation you need and deserve.