Traffic tickets and wrecks are much more common over the holidays due to the sheer number of vehicles traveling during this time of the year.
The following tips from Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC can help reduce the risk of getting a traffic ticket as well as reduce the chance of getting into a car wreck. Please remember to be safe and to call your attorney at Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC if you need our assistance.
Five Tips for Safe Travel Over the Holidays in NC
- Remember to make sure your inspection and registration are current and that your driver’s license has not expired;
- Remember to make sure that your vehicle’s brakes and tires are in good working order;
- Remember to use your vehicle’s cruise control function and to be aware of sudden changes in the speed limit;
- Maintain awareness of other drivers; and
- DO NOT text and drive. Distracted driving is a major cause of car wrecks, injuries and fatalities. Please review the statistics below.
Distracted Driving Stats for 2019: A Quick Look
- 21% of teen drivers involved in a car accident were distracted by cell phones.
- A teen driver with one additional passenger is twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car accident.
- Texting or reading a text takes a driver’s eyes off the road for at least 5 seconds.
- In some states, a distracted driving citation can raise insurance rates from $87 to $762.
- According to the NHTSA, 660,000 drivers use electronic devices while driving.
- Men are 4 times more likely to drink and drive, while women are more likely to text and drive.
- Reaching for an object increases the chances of a car crash by 8 times according to the more alarming distracted driving statistics.
- Parents with young children are more likely to be distracted behind the wheel than adults without kids in their car.
- Once a driver has been distracted, it takes only 3 seconds for a car crash to occur.
- In the United States, about 9 people are killed every day due to car crashes involving a distracted driver.
Contact Our Traffic Ticket & Auto Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been issued a traffic ticket in Anson or Richmond Counties, give us a call. Our traffic attorney can help make sure that the ticket gets handled properly which will help minimize the effect of the ticket on your insurance.
At Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC, we act promptly and communicate with the district attorney’s office to handle your ticket effectively. Let your attorney appear on your behalf to avoid the inconvenience of going to court.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured or killed as the result of a wreck call Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC today. We have offices in Wadesboro and Wilmington, North Carolina. We are licensed in North and South Carolina and handle personal injury and wrongful death claims throughout both states. We can help you ensure that your trucking case is handled correctly and that you get a fair recovery.
Please be safe on the roads over the holidays. Following the five tips above will get you started in the right direction.