Why You Should Only Hire a Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Cases
It goes without saying that if you have a serious injury at work, you want to have the top legal representation. Your decision on who your lawyer will be can affect the outcome of your case, your medical treatment and the amount of compensation that you receive.
When looking for a lawyer for your on-the-job injury, you can use Board Certification to identify lawyers who are well qualified to represent you. The North Carolina State Bar says that hiring a Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist helps to ensure that your lawyer is proficient in Workers’ Compensation Law. You deserve a Board-Certified Specialist to help you through the Workers’ Compensation maze.
What Does It Require to be a Board-Certified Specialist?
We all try to dedicate our lives to a worthwhile purpose hopefully driven by a passion. Board Certification as a Workers’ Compensation Specialist is an indication that the lawyer has intentionally focused his or her practice to improve the quality of their legal service and to excel in the representation of injured workers. The North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization requires a number of rigorous standards to obtain certification, including:
- Passage of a 6-hour exam with essays, multiple choice and short answer questions that thoroughly covers the scope of Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Fred Poisson and Stewart Poisson have both passed this exam. Stewart is now on the State Bar committee who drafts and grades these exams each year.
- Continuing education and seminars at least 36 hours in Workers’ Compensation law in the last three years, with no less than six hours in any one year
- Stewart Poisson in particular has been a frequent chairwoman of seminars and speaker at seminars and conferences of workers’ compensation lawyers.
- Average of at least 500 hours per year in the last five years in workers’ compensation cases
- Fred Poisson and Stewart Poisson devote over 50% of their time to Workers’ Compensation cases
- Confirmation by the lawyers’ peers that the lawyer has qualifications to be Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Fred Poisson and Stewart Poisson have both been approved by their peers as holding the qualifications to be eligible to sit for board-certification and re-certification.
Board Certification is a credential that you can rely upon because it is based on objective criteria. If you are injured on the job you deserve a Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law. Your choice of lawyers may be a life changing decision.
Contact Our Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Call Poisson, Poisson & Bower, PLLC today at 888-694-5515 or contact dsl@Poissonlaw.com for a free consultation if you have been injured on the job and are looking to hire representation in your workers’ compensation case. We have offices in Wadesboro and Wilmington, North Carolina and can help you ensure that your case is handled correctly and fairly.
Fred D. Poisson, Jr., Jr. is Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law.
Stewart Poisson is Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law.